Looking for kids 6 months to 11 years for a Covid Vaccine Trial, are you interested in registering your child?


Details on the trial, vaccines and mask mandates at school.

NEW ORLEANS (WGNO)- Let’s talk about covid and kids. You might be a parent or guardian, even a teacher dealing with kids and you have concerns about back to school being right around the corner.

Well, there are new developments on how school districts are handling the fourth surge, plus information about a clinical trial for the youngest who have not been vaccinated yet.

Parents with children ages 6 months to 11 years old, listen up. If you’re willing, your kids can participate in a clinical trial for the covid vaccine.

This is a national clinical trial to test the effectiveness of the Moderna vaccine in children and they are looking for local kiddos to participate. Tulane University School of Medicine and Children’s Hospital are launching the trial in our area.

The KidCOVE study plans to enroll children across the country, testing to see how the vaccine protects children from getting sick if they come into contract with SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes covid-19. Portions of the trial underway are also studying the vaccine dosing levels to find out which is the safest and most effective for children.

There is a 75% chance participants will receive the study vaccine and a 25% chance they will receive the placebo.

If you want more information about the trial for your children— like what’s required and what to expect— click here.

Again they are looking for those who are six months to 11 years old.

The study is registering participants now with plans to begin enrollment in August. To register, visit www.KidCOVEstudy.com, check your child’s eligibility, and select the New Orleans site. For questions about the study, parents may also email tumodernakidsvaccine@gmail.com or call 504-517-2215.

Now, the latest on the mask advisory in schools.

The St. John the Baptist Schools administration plans to make a decision after taking a survey of students and parents. While NOLA Public Schools is going ahead with a mask mandate beginning today. All students, staff, and visitors will have to wear a mask on the property.

In Jefferson Parish, there’s no mask mandate. Same for St. Tammany Parish Schools, and for New Orleans Archdiocese Schools. Those areas will continue to monitor the covid situation for now.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Latest News

More News