BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The condition known as Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children continues to spread in Louisiana.
In one week, LDH reports that there has been an increase of 14 confirmed cases of MIS-C in the state.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional information about the condition below:
The CDC defines an MIS-C case this way:
- The patient is under the age of 21, with a fever, laboratory evidence of inflammation, and severe illness involving more than two organs that requires hospitalization
- No other plausible diagnoses
- Positive COVID-19 test, or exposure to a confirmed case, within the four weeks prior to the onset of symptoms
- NASA to launch new satellite to enhance data for weather models, hurricane forecasting
- Big Game Bound Week 8: Key AFC, NFC matchups
- Pandemic turns Tupperware into an ‘it brand’
- New US homes sought for 196 dogs rescued from South Korean meat farm
- Watch: Firefighters rescue burned barn owl from massive California wildfire