COVINGTON, La. (WGNO)— The city of Covington experienced problems with its water supply.
A boil advisory is in place immediately for the following areas:
- S. Massachusetts from E 4th Avenue to the River, E 4th Avenue
- from S. Massachusetts to S Water Street, S. Vermont between E. 4th Avenue and E. 2nd
- Avenue, E. 1st Avenue, E. 2nd Avenue, E. 3rd Avenue, S Jahncke between E. 4th to Old
- Landing Road, Old Landing Road, Ann Street, Alma Loop, S America Street, Lucie Ln,
- Cypress Road, Cypress Cove, Bennett Road, Riverbend Dr, Poplar Drive, Phyllis Drive, Pine
- Street, Riverview Drive
It is recommended that all consumers disinfect their water before consuming it.
This includes fountain drinks, making ice, brushing teeth, or using it for food preparation or rinsing of foods.
Boil water for one full minute in a clean container. The one minute starts after the water has
been brought to a rolling boil.
The boil advisory will remain in effect until rescinded by the city upon notification from the Louisiana Department of Health.