LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — Natural disasters are a too-familiar part of life on the Gulf Coast. But so is helping your neighbor recover from them in the aftermath.
In response to the recent tornadoes that devastated Central Mississippi, Catholic Charities of Acadiana is assisting partner disaster-responding agencies by hosting an item-specific relief drive. You can donate relief supplies on Wednesday, April 5 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Catholic Charities of Acadiana regional disaster warehouse at 403 N. Ambassador Caffery Parkway in Lafayette.
All donated relief supplies will be transported directly to disaster-responding agencies in Central Mississippi.
Supplies requested on behalf of disaster partners in Mississippi include the following:
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Non-perishable food items
- Paper towels
- Toilet tissue
- Personal hygiene items
- Tarps (20’ x 50’ or greater)
For more information, or to donate before or after the Wednesday event, go to catholiccharitiesacadiana.org.
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.
- How to safely clear wildfire smoke from your home
- 2024 presidential field getting more crowded with new candidate announcements
- Cantrell to travel to Chicago for fellowship anniversary celebration
- ‘Venue matters’: Trump charges could come from Florida federal grand jury
- Big reveals from Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference