The ice cream truck struck Flores’ home while he was inside on Saturday, May 20. Initially, investigators believed the driver, 71-year-old Mechael Yousef Mansoor, had suffered a medical event when the crash happened.
Flores was taken to a hospital where he was listed in critical condition. He was later taken off life support and declared legally dead.
Mansoor’s charges of negligent injuring and reckless operation of a vehicle were later upgraded to negligent homicide.
Tutti Frutti will host a fundraiser on Sunday, June 4 for the Flores’ Go Fund Me. The store location at 817 West Esplanade Avenue will donate 20% of the day’s sales to the Flores family.
- Rubber Duck Derby returns to New Orleans City Park for 14th year
- Biden says ‘not much time’ to keep aid flowing to Ukraine and Congress must ‘stop the games’
- More than 75,000 workers prep for possibility of largest health care strike in US history
- Sunny start to the week for NOLA
- Tim Wakefield, former Red Sox pitcher, dies at 57