NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Pop superstar and Louisiana native Britney Spears is celebrating the success of her memoir, “The Woman in Me.”
On Instagram, Spears made a post thanking her fans, saying the book is now the “highest-selling memoir in history” after only being out for one day.
In the book, Spears talks about growing up in Kentwood, her rise to fame and her breakup with pop star Justin Timberlake.
One of Spears’ friends in the entertainment industry is TV personality/host Maria Menounos. WGNO’s Kenny Lopez spoke with Menounos, who interviewed Spears many times over the years, and had this to say about the pop star:
“She’s a really good person, who’s had a lot to deal with and a lot to overcome, and you know it is not easy to live in the spotlight the way she has, she’s a sweet, good person, and she always has been,” Menounos said.
Spears’ book, “The Woman in Me” is now being sold.
- DeSantis: Newsom’s father-in-law told me he moved to Florida from California
- Dave Chappelle makes appearance at Capitol
- Plaza Hotel’s ‘Home Alone 2’ package lets guests get lost in New York fun
- Crews respond to garage fire in French Quarter
- Netflix to offer ‘Grand Theft Auto’ games for no extra cost