LAPLACE, La. (WGNO) — Troopers with the Louisiana State Police are investigating a crash that left a 34-year-old woman dead in St. John the Baptist Parish on Tuesday, Oct. 24.
Reports state the crash happened on U.S. 61 near Oswald Avenue around 6 p.m.
Troopers say Asanise Fleming, of Reserve, was traveling on U.S. 61 when she lost control of her car, crossed into the opposite lane and hit another car.
Fleming’s car then rotated back into her original lane and was struck by an oncoming car.
Fleming was ejected from her car and died on the scene.
Two children in the vehicle suffered minor injuries. They were transported to a local hospital for treatment.
The riders in the other vehicles suffered minor injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: Destrehan’s Anthony Robinson
- Opelousas defeats Cecilia, 26-13, for first-ever football state championship
- Jayden Daniels honored as top QB in college football, Payton Wilson named best defender
- FNF Best Chevrolet Best Player of the Week: St. Charles Catholic’s Kyle Cannon
- Saints QB Derek Carr clears concussion protocol, could play vs. Panthers