NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – Happy National Cocktail Day! One location to quench our thirst is at the Carousel Bar & Lounge at Hotel Monteleone in the heart of the French Quarter.
That’s where WGNO Good Morning New Orleans features reporter Bill Wood is bellying up to the bar to celebrate America’s day to drink.
And enjoy the creations of bartender Marin Allen.
Marvin is now officially Hotel Monteleone’s Beverage Director.
He stirs up a mighty good drink that’s called a Vieux Carre.
The cocktail was invented at The Carousel Bar.
Marvin Allen also stirs up a mighty good martini at Criollo, the hotel’s restaurant.
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.
- Thibodaux Lawn mower driver struck and killed crossing Hwy 1
- Your Old Fashioned won’t be the same in Wisconsin: Here’s why
- Man dies during honeymoon in Hawaii, thief steals backpack and rental car during resuscitation attempts
- Jefferson Parish officials lift boil order for East Bank
- ‘Our goal is to spread literature’: Florida couple sells banned books at new book store