Doctors find larvae in woman’s spine

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

A French woman who was experiencing electric shock sensations in her legs, discovered she actually had an infection caused by a parasite.

The woman had been experiencing weakness and problems with her balance. An MRI showed she had a lump in her vertebrae. When doctors operated, they found larvae that comes from a tapeworm.

The parasite is most commonly found in pets, as well as sheep, cattle, goats and pigs. Doctors say the woman has a pet cat, which could have had the tapeworm. She also rides a horse and lives near cows.

The woman has made a full recovery and shows no signs of lasting effects.


Latest News

More News