DENHAM SPRINGS, La (BRPROUD)- The City of Denham Springs Fire Department is teaming up with the National Fire Protection Association® (NFPA®) — the official sponsor of Fire Prevention Week for more than 90 years —to promote this year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign, “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen!”
This year’s Fire Prevention Week will run Oct. 4-10. The campaign works to educate everyone about simple but important actions they can take to keep themselves and those around them safe.
According to NFPA, cooking is the leading cause of home fires and home fire injuries in the United States, with almost half (44 percent) of reported home fires starting in the kitchen.
- Double your pleasure: Zion, Ingram each score 32 points, Pelicans top Wizards
- 1st private space crew paying $55 million each to fly to the International Space Station
- Here’s when to expect new video games in 2021
- Kellyanne Conway accused of tweeting topless photo of 16-year-old daughter
- Target employees to receive $500-plus pandemic bonus