Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A woman is facing a second-degree murder charge after a man was killed in the Little Woods neighborhood on Saturday, May 27.
Officials with the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD) said officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 7700 block of Poitevent Avenue in the New Orleans East area.
Initially, they said responding officers found a man suffering from an apparent gunshot wound to his body. Later, however, NOPD officials indicated that the man may not have been shot.
Emergency medical crews arrived and declared the man dead at the scene.
The New Orleans coroner later identified the victim as 20-year-old Derrick Moseley.
NOPD officials said 20-year-old Ayana Mosley has been charged with second-degree murder in connection to the incident.
She was booked into the Orleans Justice Center.
- Fall front on the way Friday
- Will Steve Scalise take a shot at House Speaker seat? New Orleans political analyst weighs in
- Thumbs up: LHSAA approves definition of select playoffs to stay the same
- Multiple people have been shot on campus of Morgan State University in Baltimore, police say
- Leaders in Orleans, Jefferson parishes give update on plans to build pipelines