CHALMETTE, La. (WGNO) — The St. Bernard Sheriff’s Office arrested a 28-year-old St. Bernard man on various narcotics charges following an investigation conducted by the Special Investigations Division Narcotics Unit.
Keith McKinnis of the 5600 block of Fourth Street in Violet, La., was booked on the following charges:
- possession with intent to distribute heroin
- possession with intent to distribute fentanyl
- possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine
- possession with intent to distribute cocaine
- possession with intent to distribute MDMA Ecstasy
- possession of Xanax, possession of marijuana
- possession of drug paraphernalia
- unlawful manufacture of a controlled dangerous substance
- 3 counts of illegal use of controlled dangerous substances in presence of a person under the age of 17
- outstanding traffic warrant issued by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office
After obtaining information that McKinnis was involved in illegal drug activity in St. Bernard, SID Narcotics Unit agents opened an investigation and obtained a search warrant for his residence.
During the investigation, agents recovered 22.59 grams of heroin and fentanyl with an estimated street value of $2,259; approximately 22 grams of crack cocaine with an estimated street value of $440; 4.31 grams of cocaine with an estimated street value of $431; 16 MDMA Ecstasy tablets with an approximate street value of $400; approximately 8 Xanax tablets; and marijuana. They also recovered two digital scales, two electric grinders and clear plastic bags used for packaging.
A criminal history check was conducted on McKinnis which revealed he is a convicted felon with several prior narcotics and firearms arrests.
McKinnis was transported to the St. Bernard Parish Prison to be booked on the above charges. His bond was set at $401,750.