NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Two men and a woman were killed in separate homicides in New Orleans on Tuesday, Nov. 7.
According to the New Orleans Police Department, the first shooting was reported around 8:13 p.m. at the intersection of Michoud Boulevard and Adventure Avenue in the New Orleans East area. At the scene, officers found a man with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Orleans Parish coroner identified the victim as 40-year-old Jason Matthews on Friday, Nov. 10.
The second shooting was reported around 8:40 p.m. in the 2900 block of Louisiana Avenue in the Central City area. NOPD officials said a 49-year-old man was found at the scene with multiple gunshot wounds. He was taken to a hospital where he later died. A second victim, a 44-year-old man, was later discovered in the 3400 block of Willow Street. He was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The Orleans Parish coroner identified the victim as 44-year-old Eryn Williams on Friday, Nov. 10.
According to the NOPD, the third shooting was reported around 11:28 p.m. in the 8600 block of Castle Court in the New Orleans East area. A woman was found with shot and declared deceased at the scene.
The Orleans Parish coroner identified the victim as 39-year-old Cassie Picquet on Friday, Nov. 10.
Anyone with information about the fatal shootings can call NOPD Homicide Unit detectives at (504)-658-5300 or Crimestoppers at (504)-822-1111.
- Shop safely this holiday season with tips from Greater New Orleans law enforcement agencies
- Silent Night, Holy Night. Under the stars in Slidell
- Centenarian survivors of Pearl Harbor attack return to honor those who died 82 years ago
- SWBNO changing approach following Saturday flooding in New Orleans
- Lafourche Parish schools, roads closed due to marsh fire smoke