Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
KENTWOOD, La. (WGNO) — An arrest was made after a man was shot and killed outside of a Kentwood bar on Wednesday, May 24.
Officials with the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office (TPSO) said deputies were called to the Backroad 40 bar on Highway 1051 on a report of an altercation and shooting at the location.
Responding deputies learned the fight was between 25-year-old John McGowan, of Hammond, and 38-year-old Marco Dillon, of Kentwood.
McGowan allegedly pulled out a gun and shot Dillon in the chest. EMS arrived and transported Dillon to Hood Memorial Hospital where he later died from his injuries.
McGowan was charged with second-degree murder, possession of a firearm inside an alcoholic beverage outlet and protective order violation.
TPSO officials said McGowan was also wanted on an outstanding warrant for aggravated domestic abuse battery.
- Woman tried to burn down Martin Luther King Jr.’s birth home, police say
- Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff Condemns Antisemitism at National Menorah Lighting
- Where Hunter Biden’s charges stand
- Funding talks stalled in Congress
- Nearly half of men think they can safely land a plane in an emergency, survey finds