Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
KENTWOOD, La. (WGNO) — An arrest was made after a man was shot and killed outside of a Kentwood bar on Wednesday, May 24.
Officials with the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office (TPSO) said deputies were called to the Backroad 40 bar on Highway 1051 on a report of an altercation and shooting at the location.
Responding deputies learned the fight was between 25-year-old John McGowan, of Hammond, and 38-year-old Marco Dillon, of Kentwood.
McGowan allegedly pulled out a gun and shot Dillon in the chest. EMS arrived and transported Dillon to Hood Memorial Hospital where he later died from his injuries.
McGowan was charged with second-degree murder, possession of a firearm inside an alcoholic beverage outlet and protective order violation.
TPSO officials said McGowan was also wanted on an outstanding warrant for aggravated domestic abuse battery.
- How to make DIY air purifiers that filter out wildfire smoke
- What to know about Trump’s latest indictment and what’s next
- What to watch as Trump, DeSantis, Pence speak at North Carolina GOP convention
- Republicans buckle down for what could be marathon blockade
- Trump immediately fundraises after saying he was indicted in documents probe
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.