TANGIPAHOA PARISH, La. (WGNO) — An 18-year-old is dead after a shooting in Tangipahoa parish Sunday, May 28.
According to Chief Jimmy Travis of the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a call of shots fired at a home on Martin Luther King Drive inside the Village of Tangipahoa around 1:00 p.m.
At the scene, Travis said deputies located Calvin Felton, of Hammond, in a yard suffering from at least one gunshot wound to the stomach.
He was taken to a nearby hospital where he later died.
Details about a suspect or motive weren’t released. The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about the homicide can contact detectives at (985)-902-2045 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-554-5245.
- ‘Expend4bles’ opens with epic flop, ‘Nun 2’ claims top spot at box office
- Jordan Love rallies Packers to 18-17 win after Saints lose Derek Carr to shoulder injury
- Taylor Swift attends Chiefs game amid Kelce dating rumors
- DeSantis faces decisive moment with GOP debate
- Burglary suspect leads high speed pursuit in Downsville; arrested