HOUSTON (KIAH) — A Texas man has been charged in the death of a woman during an erotic act, authorities said.
The Harris County Sheriff’s Office said that deputies responded to a medical emergency at 2:20 a.m. early Tuesday morning at the 800 block of Ashland Boulevard in east Harris County. Deputies said that they discovered an unresponsive woman in the residence.
The woman was taken to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Deputies talked with the woman’s boyfriend, who said the couple was engaged in a sex act that was described as “erotic asphyxiation,” defined by someone strangling or suffocating themselves to heighten sexual pleasure.
The boyfriend, identified as Jaaron Thomas, 27, was then arrested and charged with manslaughter. He is currently in the Harris County Jail, awaiting bond.
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.
- Surgeon general: ‘Kids can’t afford to wait’ on mental health
- Trump requests new trial in E. Jean Carroll case
- SCOTUS ruling on Alabama’s congressional maps could change voting in Louisiana
- Man wanted for allegedly stealing from vacant Amite home
- LDWF accepting houseboat mooring lease bids on Atchafalaya Delta WMA through June 13