ST. BERNARD PARISH, La. (WGNO) — A 17-year-old boy is in the hospital after a shooting in the St. Bernard community.
Reports say it happened in the 2100 block of Francis Street near Centanni Drive around 7:10 p.m.
Three people were reportedly walking in the area when three others got out of a car and opened fire striking the teenager.
The boy was taken to hospital. There are no updates on his condition at this time, but officials believe his injuries are non-life threatening.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Anyone with any information relating to this incident is urged to contact the Saint Bernard Parish Sheriff’s Office at (504)271-2501, the Criminal Investigations Bureau’s tip hotline at (504)271-TIPS, or Crimestoppers GNO at (504)822-1111.
- FBI warns public of manipulated photos and videos turned into explicit content
- Scattered storms lingering through Monday evening
- Congress to get access to State dissent cable on Afghanistan
- House Oversight leaders clash after viewing FBI document on Biden allegations
- Apple unveils sleek ‘Vision Pro’ goggles after years of speculation
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.