NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is on the scene of a shooting in the Seventh Ward that sent a teenage girl to a hospital.
According to the NOPD, the shooting happened in the 2300 block of A.P. Tureaud Avenue where officers say a 16-year-old girl was wounded.
She was taken to a local hospital by EMS but her condition was not released.
No further details are available at this time but the NOPD is in the process of gathering evidence and information to determine a possible suspect and motive.
- Covington father, son charged in Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol breach
- Saints injury report: Cam Jordan, Pete Werner, and Marcus Maye did not practice for the second day in a row
- Linda Frickey’s widower suing parents of convicted teens following gruesome death in New Orleans
- Young kitten with severely deformed hind legs finds forever home
- Greene yanks second vote on Mayorkas impeachment resolution