NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A 16-year-old boy is in the hospital after being shot multiple times in the Plum Orchard neighborhood.
It happened in the in 4700 block of Rhodes Dr. around 1:35 p.m. when officers located a boy suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the body.
He was transported to a nearby hospital. There are no updates on his condition.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Anyone with additional information on this incident is urged to contact NOPD at 504-658-5300. Those wishing to report information anonymously can do so by calling Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at 504-822-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-903-STOP.
- Apple unveils sleek ‘Vision Pro’ goggles after years of speculation
- Highest-paid state official in 43 states is a college coach; Louisiana in top 5
- Newsom calls DeSantis a ‘small, pathetic man’ amid questions over migrant flight
- No boat? No problem! Escape on the lake with Community Sailing New Orleans
- The secret summer lives of American schools
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.