Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
ST. CHARLES PARISH, La. (WGNO) — The St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office is looking for the person believed to be responsible for the shooting death of a man in the St. Rose area.
Deputies said the incident happened Tuesday, Nov. 14, around 2:20 p.m. in the 500 block of Turtle Creek Lane.
Around 2:23 p.m., deputies responded to a call of a person shot inside a car at the corner of River Road and St. Rose Avenue. Upon arrival, the victim, identified as 25-year-old Keron Khalil Briggs, was found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to his leg and torso.
Briggs was taken to a local hospital by EMS, where he later died from his injuries.
According to a witness, Briggs was seen standing outside a car, reportedly arguing with someone just before the shooting.
Through an investigation, detectives were able to identify 16-year-old Marco Henry Henderson as alleged the person responsible.
In an effort to find Henderson, an arrest warrant was issued on a charge of second-degree murder.
Anyone who knows where Henderson is or has information on the crime is asked to call Detective Amanda Buchanan with the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office at (985)-783-6807, or (985)-783-1135.
- Five takeaways from the fiery DeSantis-Newsom debate on Fox
- NOPD searching for ‘person of interest’ in morning robbery/shooting
- Heavy rain, storms expected Friday night into Saturday morning
- Newsom to DeSantis: ‘When are you going to drop out’ and give Haley a shot at beating Trump?
- DeSantis: Newsom’s father-in-law told me he moved to Florida from California