BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — On Friday, an East Feliciana Parish sheriff’s deputy shot a suspect dead after he allegedly refused verbal commands from the deputy and brandished a gun, according to Louisiana State Police, which is investigating the incident.
LSP’s initial investigation reveals that, shortly before midnight, the Norwood Police Department responded to a domestic disturbance call on Shady Grove Lane and requested assistance from EFPSO. As law enforcement officers made contact with the unnamed suspect, the suspect allegedly ignored a responding deputy’s verbal commands and brandished a gun.
The deputy shot the suspect, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
No EFPSO deputies or Norwood officers were injured.
The incident remains under investigation.
- St. Martinville police search for suspect who attempted to abduct two young girls in his van
- RECAP: LSU Falls in Game 1 of Super Regional, 4-2
- 10:45PM Saturday: Rain chances Sunday, eyes on the tropics!
- Mexico and U.S. said to be negotiating end to border restrictions, with vaccination requirements
- Strangers invited to Knoxville funeral for U.S. Army veteran with no family