LACOMBE, La. (WGNO) — The St. Tammany Sheriff’s Office arrested 22-year-old Karneilius Coleman in connection to the fatal shooting in Lacombe early March.
On Saturday (March 18th), deputies responded to a call of shots fired, in the 61000 block of Brittany Drive. At the scene, they found a man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds with multiple shell casings in the area.
He died on the scene.
Through the investigation, deputies identified Coleman as the alleged gunman in the incident and issued a warrant for his arrest.
He was later arrested in New Orleans on Friday (March 31st).
Coleman faces a charge of one count of second-degree murder. The investigation remains ongoing.
- Victim’s condition unknown after early morning Tremé shooting
- Ramaswamy embraces ‘outsider’ label as he takes on Trump
- Reparations for climate change? Some think oil companies should pay
- Yes, you can suffer from seasonal affective disorder in the summer
- Biden calls for repeal of Uganda’s anti-gay law, threatens sanctions
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.