UPDATE: The St. Tammany Parish Coroner has identified the man and woman as 31-year-old Angel Smith 31-year-old and Rico Keller of Slidell.
An autopsy will be Monday (April 3rd) to determine the official cause of death; however, at this time according to the Sheriff’s Office the incident is believed to be a murder-suicide.
SILDELL, La. (WGNO) — Two people were found dead inside a Slidell home Saturday (April 1st).
According to reports, around 9:30 a.m. St. Tammany Parish Sheriff deputies were dispatched to a home after receiving a 9-1-1 call from a child stating that their parents were bleeding and unresponsive.
At the scene deputies located a man and a woman dead in a bedroom with a gun present. Deputies also located two children in the home.
There is no word yet on the victims identities at this time.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Apple unveils sleek ‘Vision Pro’ goggles after years of speculation
- Highest-paid state official in 43 states is a college coach; Louisiana in top 5
- Newsom calls DeSantis a ‘small, pathetic man’ amid questions over migrant flight
- No boat? No problem! Escape on the lake with Community Sailing New Orleans
- The secret summer lives of American schools
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.