NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a deadly shooting overnight in the St. Roch neighborhood.
According to officers, they received a call around 10:46 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 19, of a shooting in the 2200 block of North Galvez Street.
Police say a man was wounded and taken to a local hospital by EMS where he later died.
No further details are available at this time. The NOPD is in the process of gathering evidence and information to determine a possible suspect and motive.
The Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office will release the victim’s identity after an autopsy is done and the family is notified.
Anyone with additional information on this incident is asked to contact NOPD Fifth District detectives at 504-658-6050 or call anonymously to Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at 504-822-1111 or toll-free 1-877-903-STOP.
- Construction to begin on new Jefferson Parish juvenile services facility
- Video: Riverside falls 42-35 to Southern Lab in the Division IV Select state championship game
- Murder in Gert Town remains unsolved 25 years later
- 100 pounds of cannabis stolen at gunpoint in California dispensary, police say
- Hunter Biden indicted on tax charges