NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A man is dead and two people are in the New Orleans Police Department’s custody following a shooting in the Seventh Ward on Thursday, Sept. 21.
Officials with the NOPD said they responded to a call of shots fired in the 1800 block of Henriette Delille Street around 12:30 p.m. At the scene, officers say they located a man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
He was taken to a nearby hospital where he died that night.
The Orleans Parish coroner identified the victim as 40-year-old Virice Ambrose on Tuesday, Sept. 26.
A man and girl were arrested at the time of the shooting.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about the shooting can call NOPD Homicide Unit detectives at (504)-658-5300 or Crimestoppers at (504)-822-1111.
- UPenn president Magill resigns in wake of antisemitism controversy
- Florida school district adding 4-day weekends to combat chronic absences
- Toys for Tots in New Orleans requesting toy donations amid inflation, increased need
- Shohei Ohtani signing with Los Angeles Dodgers
- Holiday shopping survey reveals stressful trend among US consumers