All persons accused of a crime are considered innocent until proven guilty.
According to reports, officers responded to a shooting at a home in the 800 block of Narrow Street just before 12:00 a.m. late Sunday, Jan. 9.
At the scene, a male victim was shot. He was taken to an area hospital where he later died.
Through further investigation, police were able to identify Carl Shelvin, 28, of Gray, Louisiana, as a suspect in the investigation.
Shelvin was arrested and charged with second-degree murder on Jan. 12.
As the investigation continued, officers chased down leads that led them to identify and arrest Kevinontae Ross as another suspect in the incident.
Ross has been charged with second-degree murder.
He was booked into the Lafourche Parish Correctional Complex with no bond.
- Do teachers outed for moonlighting in adult content have legal recourse?
- Trump’s power in Washington grows as allies pressure colleagues to admit the primary over
- Fallout rises from McCarthy handshake deal with White House
- Trump doubles down on ‘dictator’ remarks at New York Republican gala
- Mariah Carey’s 1994 hit still dominates the holiday charts