NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Officers were shot at, and a woman was wounded in the Seventh Ward area of New Orleans on Friday, Oct. 13.
According to the NOPD, an armed suspect later identified as Taylor Berry, 28, shot at officers in the 2600 block of Allen Street. Reports indicate that one of the officers shot at the suspect three times, but did not hit him.
There were no reported injuries.
Berry was arrested for attempted second-degree murder, aggravated assault of a police officer, discharging a firearm during a violent crime and for obstruction of justice.
Officers initially responded to the scene on a report of someone being shot in the 2000 block of North Dorgenois Street.
NOPD officials said they found a woman suffering from a gunshot wound to the head. She was taken to a hospital by ambulance. She is listed in critical condition.
The shooting remains under investigation.
- Saints injury report: Cam Jordan, Pete Werner, and Marcus Maye did not practice for the second day in a row
- Linda Frickey’s widower suing parents of convicted teens following gruesome death in New Orleans
- Young kitten with severely deformed hind legs finds forever home
- Greene yanks second vote on Mayorkas impeachment resolution
- McDonald’s is bringing back adult happy meals