Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A woman is dead, and a man was arrested after a shooting in the Broadmoor area on Thursday, June 1.
According to the New Orleans Police Department, the shooting happened in the 3800 block of General Taylor around 10:35 p.m.
At the scene, officers located a woman suffering from at least one gunshot wound. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The New Orleans coroner later identified the victim as 34-year-old Keisha Gray.
Investigators arrested 34-year-old Lostin Lee, who they said was the person who reported the shooting to police. He was detained at the scene and charged with second-degree murder.
He was booked into the Orleans Parish Justice Center.
Anyone with information about the crimes can contact the NOPD at (504)-658-5300. Those who wish to remain anonymous can do so by contacting Crime Stoppers at 822-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-903-STOP (7867).
- Woman tried to burn down Martin Luther King Jr.’s birth home, police say
- Second Gentleman Doug Emhoff Condemns Antisemitism at National Menorah Lighting
- Where Hunter Biden’s charges stand
- Funding talks stalled in Congress
- Nearly half of men think they can safely land a plane in an emergency, survey finds