NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a homicide that left a man dead near the Village de L’Est area on Sunday, Oct. 29.
NOPD officials said officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 13500 block of Granville Street around 6:30 p.m.
They said reports show a man was suffering from at least one gunshot wound.
He was transported to a local hospital, where he later died.
The Orleans Parish coroner later identified the victim as 21-year-old Maynos Luis Castillo.
The NOPD did not release any additional information.
- Senate clears initial hurdle to passing Defense policy bill around Hawley objection
- How accusations of college antisemitism went from bad to worse with one House hearing
- Here are the ‘Colors of the Year’ for 2024 from Pantone and Sherwin-Williams
- Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs accused of gang-raping 17-year-old girl in latest lawsuit
- Seagulls aren’t real, but here’s where to find them in northern Louisiana