NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a homicide that left a boy dead near the Michoud area on Tuesday, Nov. 21.
NOPD officials said officers responded to a report of a person who had been shot in a home in the 14700 block of Chef Menteur Highway around 5:20 p.m.
Upon arrival, officers said they found a boy unresponsive with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Orleans Parish coroner identified the victim as 14-year-old Bernell James on Monday, Nov. 27.
Anyone with information about the homicide can call NOPD Homicide Section detectives at (504)-658-5300, Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at (504)-822-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-903-STOP.
- Former presidents, first ladies honor Rosalynn Carter
- Stephen Smith’s phone, tablet unlocked by South Carolina officers
- Freeze Warning for Northshore, South Mississippi early Wednesday
- Terrebonne Parish inmates donate toys to parish’s Toys for Tots for Christmas
- Heisman preview? Daniels is finalist for Walter camp award