NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a homicide that left a man dead near the French Quarter on Saturday, Oct. 21.
NOPD officials said officers responded to a call of a shooting near St. Philip and Decatur streets between the train tracks and the Mississippi River around 9:01 p.m.
Upon arrival, officers said they found a man who had been shot lying on the ground. He was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency medical technicians.
The Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office identified the victim as 39-year-old Shawn Hubbard on Monday, Oct. 23.
Anyone with information about the shooting can call Homicide Detective Stephanie Gray at (504)-658-5300, Crimestoppers at 822-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-903-STOP (7867).
- Mother of slain Huntington student shares how tragic loss empowers her to give more
- Holiday festivities kick off with Christmas Parade in West Monroe
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Low rain chances most of this week
- Felicity Huffman opens up about college admissions scandal