NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a double homicide near the Tremé area on Sunday, Nov. 19.
NOPD officials said officers responded to a call of a shooting at the intersection of Esplanade and N. Claiborne avenues around 7:30 p.m.
They said initial reports show two people were shot. A man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers learned that the second victim, a 17-year-old girl, was taken by EMS to a local hospital where she later died.
On Tuesday, Nov. 20, the Orleans Parish coroner identified the victims as 17-year-old Layla Scott and 24-year-old Ahmontae Wishom.
Anyone with information about the crime can call NOPD Homicide Section detectives at (504)-658-5300 or Crimestoppers at (504)-822-1111.
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Low rain chances most of this week
- Felicity Huffman opens up about college admissions scandal
- Sam LaPorta has career day for Lions, Saints QB Derek Carr hurt as Detroit wins 33-28
- No. 13 LSU looks to hit 10 wins when it faces Wisconsin in the ReliaQuest Bowl