Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A woman wanted out of New Orleans for second-degree murder was captured in Memphis by the U.S. Marshals Wednesday, reports say.
According to a press release, an arrest warrant was issued for Nile Ward, 26, after a man was found stabbed to death in an abandoned car at the intersection of Old Gentilly Road and Reynes Street in New Orleans on Sept. 25.
Around 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, U.S. Marshals assisted by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Fugitive Apprehension Team reportedly found Ward at a motel on Lamar Avenue.
The U.S. Marshals Service says Ward was taken into custody without incident and will be held in Shelby County pending extradition back to Louisiana.
- Pregnant Kentucky woman sues over state’s two abortion bans
- Video: Dennis Allen talks Derek Carr, Saints vs Panthers
- SmileDirectClub ends operations ‘effective immediately,’ but what about the customers?
- ‘Love Story’ actor Ryan O’Neal dead at 82
- More Americans say Hamas bears brunt of responsibility for war in Gaza: Survey