Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
TERREBONNE PARISH, La. (WGNO) — A Nebraska man was arrested for allegedly raping an 11-year-old in Terrebonne Parish.
Sheriff Tim Soignet said the investigation began in May this year when a parent of the child reported a series of sexual abuse over the previous two years.
Investigators identified 34-year-old Andrew Walton Moore as the suspect. It was determined that he lived in Terrebonne Parish at the time, but was a resident of North Platte, Nebraska.
Soignet said Moore was arrested in Nebraska and was brought back to Terrebonne Parish on Oct. 20.
He was charged with two counts of first-degree rape.
Moore was booked into the Terrebonne Parish Criminal Justice Complex. His bond was set at $1,000,000.
- Progressives heap pressure on Democrats as border talks screech to halt
- Congresswoman released ad telling supporters to vote on the wrong day
- Oxford names ‘rizz’ word of the year
- Mother of slain Huntington student shares how tragic loss empowers her to give more
- Holiday festivities kick off with Christmas Parade in West Monroe