All subjects are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
MONROE, La. (KTVE/KARD) — A Monroe man has been arrested after being accused of sexually abusing his girlfriend’s underage daughter.
On July 1, 2023, at 7:04 PM, officers of the Monroe Police Department received a report that a 7-year-old female juvenile victim was brought to a nearby hospital by her mother. According to court documents, the victim’s mother advised that her daughter had been sexually abused by her 31-year-old boyfriend Detrick N. Jones.
Investigators learned that the alleged sexual abuse began in June 2023. During the investigation, officials also learned that Jones allegedly forced the juvenile victim to perform sexual acts with him on multiple occasions. According to court documents, Jones told the victim to not tell anyone about the alleged sexual abuse.
An arrest warrant was obtained for Jones and he was arrested on August 5, 2023. He was charged with the following offenses:
- Two counts of Oral Battery
- Three counts of Sexual Battery
- Five counts of Molestation of a Juvenile
- ‘Mondo’ Duplantis breaks another world record and continues pole-vaulting dominance
- 3rd person arrested in fentanyl overdoses at New York City day care: officials
- The best days to fly around Thanksgiving in 2023
- SAU wants you to fight world hunger by eating tacos
- House sends Senate bill to avert government shutdown