MANDEVILLE, La. (WGNO) – A Mandeville snoball stand owner was arrested on multiple sex-related charges involving some of his juvenile employees.
Authorities arrested Shiver Shack Snowball Stand owner 56-year-old Anthony Barton Fortune Thursday.
The investigation was initiated two weeks ago when the Mandeville Police Department received information about alleged inappropriate contact between Fortune and multiple female juvenile employees.
Investigators found that Fortune gave four juveniles cash and drugs in exchange for sexual favors over a couple month period while they were on the job.
These incidents took place in Fortune’s apartment that is attached to the snoball stand.
The Mandeville Police Department searched Fortune’s apartment Thursday, but officials will not comment specifically on any items that were seized in connection with the investigation.
Fortune has been booked on:
- 1 count of keeping a disorderly place
- 3 counts of obstruction of justice
- 4 counts of possession of a schedule I narcotic
- 4 counts of possession of scheduled narcotic in the presence of juveniles
- 11 counts of carnal knowledge of a juvenile
- 48 counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile
- 2 counts of sexual battery
- 4 counts of child trafficking for sexual purposes.
Shiver Shack Snowballs is located across from the Mandeville Trailhead at 2020 Woodrow Street in Old Mandeville.