NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a double shooting in the Seabrook neighborhood Tuesday morning Nov. 7.
According to officers, the shooting happened in the 7000 block of Henley Street around 7 a.m. Upon arrival, a man and woman were found both suffering from gunshot wounds.
Both victims were transported to a local hospital, where the man later died.
There is no update on the woman’s condition.
According to the NOPD, the man and woman got into an argument when the man took out a gun and reportedly shot the woman, then shot himself.
No further details are available at this time. The NOPD is in the process of gathering evidence and information to determine a possible suspect and motive.
- 18 companies cut ties with Sean Combs’ business venture in wake of sexual assault allegations
- Do teachers outed for moonlighting in adult content have legal recourse?
- GOP senators soften skepticism of Trump
- Fallout rises from McCarthy handshake deal with White House
- Trump doubles down on ‘dictator’ remarks at New York Republican gala