NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A man is dead after a shooting in New Orleans East Friday (March 17th).
Reports show it happened at the intersection of I-10 Service Road and Crowder Boulevard in the West Lake Forest neighborhood around 2:10 p.m.
NOPD believes the man was walking in the area when he was gunned down. He died on the scene.
The man’s identity has not been released pending notification of next of kin.
The homicide remains under investigation. There are no updates on a possible suspect or motive at this time.
Anyone with additional information on this incident is urged to contact NOPD Homicide detectives at 504-658-5300. Those wishing to report information anonymously can do so by calling Crimestoppers of Greater New Orleans at 504-822-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-903-STOP.
- Unanimous jury finds man guilty of sexually abusing a minor in Lafourche Parish
- Florida lawmaker appears to get trolled with fake names during hearing
- LSU falls in Game 1 to Arkansas, 9-3
- InspireNOLA Charter Schools looking to steer students down a path of love not hate with NOLA Love Rally
- Gwyneth Paltrow testifies she initially feared ski collision was a sexual assault
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.