NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Police are investigating after a man was fatally shot in the New Orleans East area on Wednesday, Nov. 1.
Officials with the New Orleans Police Department said officers responded to the scene around 11:14 p.m. in the 7000 block of Lawrence Road.
They found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to his neck. He was taken to a hospital, where he later died.
The Orleans Parish coroner later identified the victim as 25-year-old Kadeem Surtain.
According to the NOPD, officers are working to determine a motive or suspect.
Anyone with further information can call the NOPD Homicide Section at (504)-658-5300 or Crimestoppers at (504)-822-1111.
- 5 takeaways from Trump’s town hall with Sean Hannity
- Cooler Wednesday behind front
- Metairie pharmacist weighs in on state increase in respiratory illness during holiday season
- ‘I just ran across the aisle’: Fans recall helping man who died at Kings-Pelicans game
- Faculty of ‘F’ graded New Orleans school says students thrive