Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
ST. TAMMANY PARISH, La. (WGNO) — The St. Tammany Parish District Attorney’s Office announced the indictment of a man accused of fatally shooting a Slidell man.
On Wednesday, Oct. 11, a grand jury announced that 25-year-old Jamiel Mille was indicted on a charge of second-degree murder for the shooting death of Tavante Williamson.
The shooting happened on June 25 just after 10:30 p.m. in the 1400 block of Gause Boulevard. Officers report the shooting was the result of an argument between Miller and Williamson.
A manhunt was soon underway with the help of Slidell K-9 units searching the area for Miller, who was considered armed and dangerous.
Miller’s indictment also includes obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence.
- Christie gets new life after punchy debate
- Planet Fitness to open new location in Metairie
- Ready for a meteor shower? One of the best celestial displays returns this week
- Progressives face growing primary threats over Gaza stance
- Your car might be watching you to keep you safe − at the expense of your privacy