HARVEY, La. (WGNO) — A man is dead after a shooting in Harvey on Sunday, June 4.
According to the officials with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office (JPSO), the shooting happened in the 3700 block of Long Leaf Lane in the Woodmere subdivision at around 9:15 p.m.
They said responding deputies found a man suffering from at least one gunshot wound outside a home. He was taken to a hospital where he later died from his injuries.
JPSO is working to gather evidence and information to determine a possible suspect and motive. The incident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information about the crime can contact the JPSO at (504)-364-5300. Those who wish to remain anonymous can do so by contacting Crime Stoppers at 822-1111 or toll-free at 1-877-903-STOP (7867).
- Rubber Duck Derby returns to New Orleans City Park for 14th year
- Biden says ‘not much time’ to keep aid flowing to Ukraine and Congress must ‘stop the games’
- More than 75,000 workers prep for possibility of largest health care strike in US history
- Sunny start to the week for NOLA
- Tim Wakefield, former Red Sox pitcher, dies at 57