Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
ST. TAMMANY PARISH, La. (WGNO) — A man was arrested, and guns, ammunition and drugs were recovered following a domestic disturbance in St. Tammany Parish.
Officials with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office said deputies responded to a call of a domestic disturbance in the 4100 block of Sharp Road near Mandeville around 9:00 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 20.
According to deputies, 32-year-old Roy Gogue forced himself into his estranged spouse’s home, took her father’s ashes and fought another person inside the home.
They said Gogue allegedly pointed a gun at the other person before leaving the home.
Deputies said the woman had a protective order in place against Gogue.
STPSO officials said deputies obtained warrants for Gogue’s arrest on charges of felony violation of a protective order, felony aggravated burglary, aggravated assault, felony theft and threatening/harassing phone calls.
On Saturday, deputies said Gogue’s car was seen traveling near Browns Village Road near Slidell around 7:00 a.m.
Deputies stopped Gogue and arrested him.
Following the stop, deputies obtained a warrant to search Gogue’s car. During the search, deputies reportedly recovered multiple drugs, six illegally possessed firearms and a large amount of ammunition.
Gogue faces the following charges:
- A charge of possession of a Schedule 2 Controlled Dangerous Substances (fentanyl)
- A charge of possession of a Schedule 2 Controlled Dangerous Substances (methamphetamine)
- Three counts of possession of a Schedule 2 Controlled Dangerous Substances (oxycodone)
- A charge of possession of a Schedule 2 Controlled Dangerous Substances (methadone)
- Two counts of possession of a Schedule 4 Controlled Dangerous Substance (diazepam, carisoprodol)
- Two counts of possession of Schedule 5 Controlled Dangerous Substance (promethazine, gabapentin)
- Two counts of possession of a legend drug (trazadone, loratadine)
- A charge of possession of drug paraphernalia
- A charge of violation of Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Law – Drug Free Zone
- Six counts of possession of firearm in the presence of a CDS
- Six counts of violation of a protective order (firearms)
- A charge of resisting an officer
- A charge of driving under suspension
- Fear the Wave: Michael Arata talks NIL and facility upgrades in the WGNO Sportszone
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: Destrehan’s Anthony Robinson
- Opelousas defeats Cecilia, 26-13, for first-ever football state championship
- Jayden Daniels honored as top QB in college football, Payton Wilson named best defender
- FNF Best Chevrolet Best Player of the Week: St. Charles Catholic’s Kyle Cannon