JEFFERSON PARISH, La. (WGNO) — A Jefferson Parish jury found Charles Ross guilty of murdering his ex-girlfriend in her Metairie apartment in June of 2021.
Ross was convicted Thursday, Nov. 2, of first-degree murder and attempted obstruction of justice for leaving the scene with the murder weapon.
Prosecutors say Ross robbed a man and took his pickup truck, driving it to Nygia Lambert’s apartment around 3 a.m. in the 100 block of Houma Boulevard.
There, Ross kicked down the door and shot Lambert eight times while her daughter called 911.
During the trial, Ross admitted to killing Lambert while he was on cocaine.
Ross previously served time in prison for beating another ex-girlfriend.
His sentencing date is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 13.
- Daughter shares heartwarming letter Jimmy Carter sent Rosalynn 75 years ago
- Charlie Munger, famed investor and Warren Buffet sidekick, dies at 99
- No new oil detected in Gulf of Mexico spill near Plaquemines Parish, Coast Guard says
- Former presidents, first ladies honor Rosalynn Carter
- Stephen Smith’s phone, tablet unlocked by South Carolina officers