Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
COVINGTON, La. (WGNO) — The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest of a homeless man in connection with a mobile home fire near Pearl River.
According to deputies, the fire happened Thursday afternoon, Oct. 19, in the 4800 block of Cypress Drive in the River Gardens area.
Deputies say nobody was living in the mobile home. They also say that the suspect had lived in the home in the past but was not at the time of the fire.
Detectives identify the suspect as 26-year-old Anthony Fricke. They say he doused the mobile home with gasoline before setting it on fire.
According to a written statement announcing the investigation, Fricke was arrested later on Thursday evening after he was spotted in a parking lot on Gause Boulevard.
- White scores season-high 31 as Bulls beat Pelicans 124-118
- Formerly homeless teen, with no parents shares how Jobs for America helped brighten his future
- Destination Louisiane: Baton Rouge Zoo is bringing new animals, exhibits and fun for the family
- USC professor banned over Hamas comments permitted to return to campus
- Ed-itorial: Green Wave lose title game and likely Willie Fritz