OUACHITA PARISH, La. (KTVE/KARD) — On Friday, April 21, 2023, at 3:15 AM, the Louisiana State Police Troop F began an investigation on a hit and run crash that occurred on Louisiana Highway 34 north of Louisiana Highway 557. The bicyclist, 60-year-old Christopher, was critically injured and transported to a local hospital for treatment.
The preliminary investigation revealed that Rice was riding a bicycle south on Louisiana Highway 34. At the same time, an unidentified vehicle was traveling south on Louisiana Highway 34. For reasons still under investigation, the unidentified vehicle struck Rice. After impact, he was ejected from the bicycle.
If anyone has information regarding this crash, please contact Louisiana State Police Troop F at 318-345-0000.
- LSU bashes their way to a 6-5 win over Oregon State in Baton Rouge Regional
- Holocaust survivors honored in Torah scroll rewriting
- USFL: New Orleans Breakers hold off Michigan for the 24-20 win
- Renowned jazz saxophonist Donald Harrison recovering following heart attack
- Slightly cooler with scattered storms next few days
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.