Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
LAPLACE, La. (WGNO) — A LaPlace man was arrested on Monday, Sept. 11 after deputies with the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office found 77 kilos of cocaine in his home.
Sheriff’s office officials said deputies began investigating the suspect’s LaPlace home on Saturday, Sept. 9.
During the investigation, deputies said they found packages of cocaine inside the home. They said approximately 77 kilos of cocaine with an estimated street value of $2 million was recovered.
The man, 54, was arrested and faces a charge of felony intent to distribute cocaine.
According to the sheriff’s office, the investigation is ongoing.
- Which states leave the best — and worst — tips at restaurants? New report explains
- Top five dining options at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, according to Yelp
- Step inside a Vincent van Gogh painting in New Orleans
- Florida senator urges probe into alleged ‘sewage garlic’ from China
- Out-of-state travel for abortions doubled since 2020