Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
LAPLACE, La. (WGNO) — A LaPlace man was arrested on Monday, Sept. 11 after deputies with the St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office found 77 kilos of cocaine in his home.
Sheriff’s office officials said deputies began investigating the suspect’s LaPlace home on Saturday, Sept. 9.
During the investigation, deputies said they found packages of cocaine inside the home. They said approximately 77 kilos of cocaine with an estimated street value of $2 million was recovered.
The man, 54, was arrested and faces a charge of felony intent to distribute cocaine.
According to the sheriff’s office, the investigation is ongoing.
- Which apps do teens spend the most time using?
- ‘Mind blown’: Delta passengers shocked to learn about airline’s ‘secret’ trading cards
- Contracts awarded for two St. Charles Parish levee lift projects
- Special counsel asks Supreme Court to weigh in on Trump immunity in federal Jan. 6 case
- Entergy Louisiana rolls out plan to keep businesses open during strong storms