KENNER, La. (WGNO) — A Kenner man was found guilty of sexually abusing two children over seven years ago by a jury that returned the verdict Wednesday, Oct. 19.
According to court documents, the Kenner Police Department began investigating Elias Zambrano, 54, in March of 2020 when two victims, ages 13 and 19, reported sexual abuse.
Police said Zambrano was a friend of the victims’ family.
Zambrano was charged with first-degree rape of a juvenile under the age of 13, sexual battery of a juvenile under the age of 13 and indecent behavior with juveniles under the age of 13.
Jurors found him guilty after deliberating for two hours.
His sentencing date is set for Thursday, Oct. 26.
Zambrano faces life in prison.
- WGNO’s Friday Night Football presents semi-final round of the postseason
- Tornado watch in effect until 4 AM Saturday
- Republicans urge Biden to suspend China travel amid uptick in respiratory illness
- NOPD searching for suspect in LASPCA van theft
- Judge rejects Trump’s immunity argument in federal 2020 election case