Editor’s Note: The New Orleans Police Department initially reported the victim was a 6-year-old. It was later clarified that the child is 8.
NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department responded to a shooting in the Hollygrove area that left a child hospitalized on Wednesday, Nov. 1.
According to officers, around 12:09 p.m. they received a call of an 8-year-old boy who had been shot in the 8800 block of Nelson Street. The child arrived at a local hospital by private vehicle for treatment.
NOPD officials said the child is reported to be in stable condition, and they are investigating the incident as cruelty to a juvenile.
No further details are available as of now. The NOPD is in the process of gathering evidence and information to determine a possible suspect and motive.
- Coast Guard searching for fisherman who fell overboard near Port Fourchon
- How does the cost of living in each US state compare to the nations of Europe?
- What is a rebuilt car title?
- Are ‘buy now, refinance for free later’ mortgage deals too good to be true?
- Heavy rain, power issues cause flooding across New Orleans